Wichita Coupon Mom

Archive for January 2010


Having your taxes done doesn’t have to cost you a dime.  You can file your federal and your state taxes online, for free.  For the last 6 or 7 years, we have used the online program called Tax Act.  You can file your federal return for free, and it will file your state return for a small fee.  We pay about $18 each year and file our state with them, plus our information is imported for us each year.  That’s a much better price the the $100 or more a tax adviser charges.  If you don’t want to pay to file your state tax, just go to the Kansas Department of Revenue site and file for free there.  It’s a little tricky, so be sure you have all your information ready and at hand.   So, keep more of your money and file for yourself!